Popular Posts

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sweet N Smokey Street Tacos

Sweet N Smokey Street Tacos

My usual go to with vegetarian tacos is to grab the frakenfood that is morningstar crumbles, add an envelope of taco seasoning, throw it on some soft tacos, add a small village of cheese and sour cream and devour.  Nothing special, nothing healthy.

Since doing the fix, I have given up my lust for processed shinola and adapted a more clean style.  I must say, it suits me.  So last night, I'm fiending for tacos and my freezer is sans soy crumbles.  What's a gal to do? 

Born out of necessity and being hangry, is a super easy taco recipe that even my carnivore husband can get down to.

This recipe is 21 day fix friendly--Use low sodium broth, or skip it altogether-and use the southwest seasoning in your book in place of all natural taco seasoning.  These are (obviously) vegetarian and GF and so very easy to make.  The perfect weeknight dinner.  You can add shredded cheddar, just make sure to use your blue container.  Feeling like the sour cream is missing? Add a teaspoon or two of plain greek yogurt.  I know, I know, just try it Mikey, you'll like it.  


I forgot to include smoked paprika.  This is worth going to the store for if you don't already have it.  Add 1.5 tsps or to taste.  I also added garlic powder. Play around with this, it's highly adaptable.  Next time I may sub kidney beans and butternut squash. mmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment